Match play - Thursday
A competition with results counted individually.
Teams are drawn each game.
It allows players to play with different teammates every week.
The score is recorded differently for the Match Play:
- The Team with the Hammer has to score at least 2 points to win the end.
- The Team without the Hammer has to steal at least 1 point to win the end.
- If an end is not won, it carries over to the next end, and the winner of the next end will win that end, plus the carry-over end(s). If the 8th end is not won, the game ends and the points that were not won are lost - no draw to the Button. We will always play all 8 ends. Games can end in a tie.
- The Hammer turns over every end, regardless of who wins the end, or if the end is not won. Each team will therefore have the Hammer 4 times in each game.
- The number of ends a team wins in a game (win or lose) will be used for each player's standing.
(Ex. if your team wins 5 ends in a game, then 5 points will be added to your standing).
- If you miss your game and have not found a replacement, you will receive no points for that game.
It is each player’s responsibility to find their own Spare. Please indicate your absence and the name of the substitute player by emailing the players on the team you were scheduled to play with, as well as the responsible of the league. Please respect the positions indicated on the Spares list - select a Spare who is eligible to replace at your position. You may select a Spare who is not on the Spares list - as long as he/she is not playing below their regular position (example - don’t get a Third to replace at Lead, etc.). If you have difficulty finding a replacement, please contact the responsible of the league.
- Teams are responsible for marking their scores. If no score is marked it will be taken as a Zero.
- All other rules of curling apply
Responsible: Gilles Carey