Match play - Thursday
A competition with results counted individually.
Teams are drawn each game.
It allows players to play with different teammates every week.
The score is recorded differently for the Match Play:
- The Team with the Hammer has to score at least 2 points to win the end.
- The Team without the Hammer has to steal at least 1 point to win the end.
- If an end is not won, it carries over to the next end, and the winner of the next end will win that end, plus the carry-over end(s). If the 8th end is not won, the game is over - no draw to the Button.
We will always play all 8 ends. We will always play all 8 ends. Games can end in a tie.
- The Hammer turns over every end, regardless of who wins the end, or if the end is not won. Each team will therefore have the Hammer 4 times in each game.
- The number of ends a team wins in a game (win or lose) will be used for each player's standing.
(Ex. if your team wins 5 ends in a game, then 5 points will be added to your standing).
- If you miss your game and have not found a replacement, you will receive no points for that game.
It is each player’s responsibility to find their own Spare. Please respect the positions indicated on the Spares list - select a Spare who is eligible to replace at your position. You may select a Spare who is not on the Spares list - as long as he/she is not playing below their regular position (example - don’t get a Third to replace at Lead, etc.). If a new member (only) want help finding a Spare, please ask the responsable of the league to help you
- Teams are responsible for marking their scores; if no score is marked it will be taken as a Zero.
- All other rules of curling apply
Responsible: Gilles Carey